I am a writer from Wyckoff, NJ. For the past twenty years, I have written and published work focusing on home, parenting, and medical advocacy. I live with my husband, Jay, my three sons, Robbie (20), Kenny (19), and Danny (16), my golden retriever, Maggie, and my calico cat, Callie.
My son, Kenny was born with a rare vascular anomaly called AVM (arteriovenous malformation) on his face. Much of my early writing was geared toward advocating for him - writing articles for craniofacial support publications and newsletters, and publishing a book called FUNNY FACE.
Since 1995, I have been involved with novel writing (women's fiction), personal narrative, essay and magazine article work, and college preparatory support .
Writing Experience/Published Works, 1996-Present
- Funny Face - Published in 2004 under a grant awarded from the National Foundation for Facial Reconstruction (NFFR), now called MyFace
- (201) The Best of Bergen - The Color of Cancer
- Exceptional Parent - I'm Still Kenny, Facing Forward
- Parents Magazine - My Big Red Nose (Parents 2003 Gold Award Winner - Consumer Health's Publisher's Association)
- Family Circle - Caring for Kenny: Round the Clock in the Children's Unit
- The Parent Paper - Distraction: Where is My Organized Life?, A Mother's Story: Being Fair to Both, Cups in the Kitchen. Remembering Dad (Dealing With Loss)
- Bergen Record - OpEd Feature, Another Sad Chapter
- Vicinity Magazine - Aunt Cake's Cookies, Love is in the Hair
- Garden State Woman - Because I Said So
- Peace for the Taking (unpublished novel)
- Getting Better (unpublished novel)
- Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 1978-1982 | B.S. Individual and Family Studies
Business Experience, 1982-1995
- Dugan/Farley Communications | Account Group Supervisor, 1994-1995
- HLS Management Systems | Vice President/Program Planning and Development, 1992-1994
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts | Provider Relations Coordinator, 1990-1991
- CIGNA Private Practice Plan | Training Specialist/Provider Relations Coordinator, 1987-1990
- California Primary Physicians Medical Group | Administrative Director, INNERHEALTH Center, 1985-1987
- Family Planning Associates Medical Group | Assistant Clinic Manager, 1982-1985